Bob, several years ago my (now ex-) wife was complaining about headaches.
Then came a cold spell, she stopped drinking her aspartame-laced iced tea,
and her headaches ceased.  Further experimentation on her part, she said,
had confirmed that this was more than coincidence.  This is admittedly
anecdotal evidence, but I know of no series of tests that will completely
refute it.

My take on it is that aspartame may have an adverse effect on at least some
people and that apparently it has no worse effect on PWP's than on the
population as a whole.

For one, I went from a heavy user to one who avoids it completely.  My main
reason is that I have observed first hand what it did to someone else.

FWIW.....

Art