Date:         Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:24:38 EDT
Sender: "Caregivers Are Really Essential (CARE)"
From: "Barbara H. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: ANOTHER CHANCE TO BE AN ADVOCATE (w/ perks thrown in!)
To: [log in to unmask]

Camilla,
    I do agree with you about sending in notices of local fund raising
events, but in defense of Cairo, Parkinson's Resource Organization is not a
local organization. It was founded a number of years ago as Children of
Parkinsonians by Jo Rosen in Southern California. She continues to run it as
a voluntary Director . There are numerous regularly scheduled support groups
that meet monthly all over Southern California, and there are members from
all over the country. They publish a monthly newsletter to which I forward
anything that seems of interest about PD and get a listing as a contributing
person. The event Cari refers to is their annual fundraiser for the whole
group. The money raised goes exclusively to give caregivers a respite
experience when they are unable to afford it themselves. The National
Caregivers Organization matches any funds raised.
    I am forwarding a copy of this letter to the  National headquarters in
Palm Springs and will send on to the list any corrections they send to me.
    As I said, I agree that this list is not the place to try to raise funds
for local events, but this group is founded to help us, the caregivers, so
perhaps Cairo can be excused.
    Love you, Barbara Smith