Hi Debbie--I would bring this to her doctor's attention, though it isn't
unusual.  Buit mild confusion or hallucinations can be the beginning of a
slide into more serious ones, and doc. should be aware.  It could be due to
increase of meds--and doc. nmight want to monoitor it and possibly add an
anti-psychotic at some point. Peter does pretty well on Seroquel, but still
has occasional mild confusion like that. If it doesn't get worse, I'm OK
with telling him,"No, your  brother wasn't here..."etc.
I urge you to check it out.

>I have some concerns about my mom's mental state and thought I'd solicit
>some insights from the group.
>
>Let me start by saying that my mother recently increased her Sinemet dose
>from 25/100 3x/day to 25/100 4x/day. (She also takes Requip, Artane, and
>Zoloft.) Also, I don't know whether the changes I am about to describe
>started around the time of the change in dosage -- I will try to find this
>out, but I don't know whether it's possible.
>
>Every once in awhile, my mom will say things "Is so-and-so still sleeping"
>when, in fact, there is no "so-and-so" at her house. She said she spoke to
>someone recently and commented that he sounded bad (the person in question
>died a few months ago). These sorts of comments.
>
>What I'm wondering is (1) is this something to bring to her doctor's
>attention immediately? (2) Has anyone noticed this sort of thing being a
>prelude to something much worse?
>
>Any comments would be helpful and, again, thanks.
>Debbie White

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "