Janet and Bern -- I love to "croon" , whistle, etc, especially the golden
oldies stored in my head that pop up unexpectedly--and whenever I do so in
the kitchen, our feline "mistress of the house", Mimi-JI comes running,
fully convinced that I'm preparing food for HER !  No idea where she got
this idea, but  naturally I hate to disappoint the poor starving thing, so
I give her a token treat---BTW, isn't that  known as "positive
reinforcement" ?????  Queen she is, for sure--- but to understand how this
came about, check out my signature below---

Janet wrote:
>whenever i sing, hum, or whistle, i am immediately subject to
>the most concentrated eyeball to eyeball feline stare
>that i have ever experienced
>in my 30 years of slavery
>
>since specks invariably walks straight up to me,
>nose to nose if possible, purring loudly,
>peering closely at the sound's orifice
>my attempt at crooning is invariably
>interrupted by laughter

and Bern added:
Hello Janet, My Minky had the same trick of looking at one when she was
displeased. Female cats are called Queens in the UK. Minky certainly reigned
in our house whether I sang or not she was always waiting for the chance to
sit on my lap and PUUUUURRRRRRRR not so with my wife she would for some odd
reason bite her when she got the chance. Cats sure are strange creatures
love em all. Bern

        Peace and Love, Camilla

                 The   Egyptians worshipped cats as gods--
                                 Cats have never forgotten this !