Mary wrote in part:

>This list is supposed to be about Parkinsons   SNIPPED
>
>If you want to TALK & ORGANIZE POLITICAL  ACTIVITIES... PLEASE
>JUST START A NEW WEB SITE !!
>    THANKS
>
>MARY E SANFORD
>Ocean City  Md  21842

Dear Mary-- I'm sorry if you are  upset by the posts about advocacy for
funding of PD research---for that is  certainly a subject where "politics"
and "PD" merge.

If you were referring in your post to the recent messages about  finding
candidates who are friendly to PD research, I suspect others would feel
that those too, in a less direct way, are related as they bear on the fight
to find the cure. ...unless Congress persons are convinced of our cause,
the money won't appear!

 Frankly , I know of no other site that would deal with the issue of
political advocacy for PD research funding....if you know of one, please
post it so others will be able to go there also.

BUT, that said,
Perhaps it would help if we remind ourselves AGAIN of the importance of
ACCURATE subject headings for posts,  so that you and others who are not
interested in the advocacy threads can easliy skip them. ( I personally,
however, would not use NON-PD for advocacy posts,  since I feel they are
related to the core of our problem---getting money for a cure! )

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

                        We agree to differ...
                                we resolve to love...
                                                   we  unite to serve.