hi all

At 18:45 1999/09/23 EDT, sherry wrote:
>I'm sooo tired.  Is this a symptom of PD or Mirapex or just me?  I
>always used to have more energy but now I find I tire alot more
>quickly.  Being new to this I'm not sure what to blame.  Are there
>any good books on diet and supplimental vitamins for PWP?  I'm sure
>like my dad used to say "nothing a good vitamin won't cure" it seemed
>to work for him (for a while) he passed away two years ago from PD
>after a long battle. Now I have been diagnosed with PD and hate to
>think I will follow in his footsteps. Although the doctors asure me
>it is not inherited I still wonder, my father, my mother and now me?
>What about my children and grandchildren can I pass this along to
>them?  Anyone else out there with a family history of PD?
>I am so glad I found you all, I thought I was all alone.  Can't talk
>about it with my husband, he is in denial right now.  You are the best!
>Thanks    Sherry    47/47/44

hi sherry

the primary symptoms of pd are
1. tremor
2. bradykinesia - slowness of movement
3. rigidity
4. balance difficulties
and
5. FATIGUE

i think that you have not yet started sinemet?

after i started sinemet, i regained my former bounciness

11 years later, sinemet's 'kick-in' still retores my bounciness

however, i find these days that i 'run down' and need a 'power nap'
probably once or twice a day

in re diet and supplements our own kathrynne holden
has written 'the' pd book from the nutrition standpoint

her webpage is part of the pwp web-ring
which you can hop onto from my site
[address below]

in re genetics
tell your docs to go check out the medical literature

genetics definitely play a role in some 'varieties' of pd

your family sounds like they should be included in a study!

in re denial
have you read the 'psychosocial' article in the pienet/words
section of my site?

now get busy, my dear! no time for naps!!

with love

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>