        Hilary,

        William's statement is absolutely true. It does "usually" strike
later in life. Even with the now recognized many cases of EOPD, it is still
perceived by the public as an old person's disease and will be measured by
the yardstick William outlined. I wish it were not so and maybe if we
continue to fight it will become not so. Some progress has been made, at
least there is now an acronym for it. I didn't interpret William's
definition as his and did not think he was antediluvian, it is the public
and our politicians who are so and we need to recognize that and not be so
quick to jump on a fellow PWP for stating a truth!

> William Harshaw wrote:

> ********
> > PD, on the other hand, usually strikes in the sixth or seventh decades
> when
> > the estimated milion and a quarter victims are:
> > i)    past peak earning power, hence not a growing source of tax revenue
> > ii)    are consmers rather than contributors to social programs

> *******

And Hilary responded:

BUT, here
from within our own ranks from on of the most informed,   active,
influential
fellow pwps, we get this antediluvian definition of PWPs as being OLD and
PAST IT.