Bob (Tex) wrote in part:

SNIPPED
>And I hit the jackpot with my new neuro. She did her internship at Chicago
>and is very knowledgeable in movement disorders. She confirms I do NOT have
>pd, but instead thinks its a non-typical type of MS. Until she gets the
>hospital tests results back (oh goodie, more needles....) she has diagnosed
>me with a degenerative or demylanting disorder with secondary dystonia and
>parkinsm symptoms. She also thinks she can treat the dystonia and decrease
>the pain which is such GREAT news to me. One thing she told me I thought
>might be useful to the entire list, the same meds which work for Parkinson's
>can also be effective for treating the parkinism  symptoms without a person
>having a "true" Parkinson's disease. Basically, she said yes the meds could
>work quite well, and me still not have pd, or pd +, or any of the other
>wrong diagnosis I have received in the past.

Very interesting--and great news for you, as it seems  you are in a more
"treatable" mode----I do hope this is the case, and am glad the list has
been helpful. Please let us know the final word on diagnosis,etc .

>Once again, I would like to thank the entire list for the support you have
>provided me in the past year, and ask for your patience while I get the
>computer (and me) "fixed" one more time......
>tex AKA bob armentrout

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "