Bill, and All...

With all due respect, I hate to throw a cog in your
virtual wheel, but email from a politician posted on
the List will have a very limited exposure.  Limited, that
is, when one considers the millions and millions of
people who access the Internet each day.

Email isn't like a live chat.  It can't have the impact that
live chat has as it's naturally limited by the number of List
members who are registered to the List.   In this case,
1800 or there abouts individuals - and not all of these
people are US voters

Anything that's posted as a statement by a specific
political figure can easily have originated from one of
their aids and credited to the Big Cheese themself.
None of us would even know the difference as to who
actually authored such a message.

Heck... a  year ago, it we might have received a post
allegedly written to our List members by the President,
when in reality, he might have fobbed it off on one of
his aids - errrrr such as Monica Lewinsky! (wee smirk)

Why not invite a bunch of politicians - either together or
individually - to join List members in a live CHAT?  THAT
way, with advance  publicity, our speaker-to-be will
HAVE to be the speaker we invite! (tho I guess we'd
have to take their word for it).

There are free chat rooms on ICQ and several other large
Internet gateway systems - why not take advantage of 'em?

Barb Mallut