Date sent:              Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:41:20 -0700
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Carole Hercun <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                NONPD: Bizarro E-Mail, Part#2
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Hi All: I just have one more question for you guys and
> then I'll put myself quietly to bed. And bear in mind
> that I was computer-illiterate until this summer. My
> E-mail program stacks incoming E-mail in stacks of 25
> on a page. Sometimes, when I have a lot of mail, I
> flip from page to page, depending on what I want to
> look at first. But when I try to return to a previous
> page, I'll find some or all of the unread mail has
> disappeared! WHERE DOES IT GO? (It's not in the
> trash-or any other folder. I've looked.) Is there an
> answer? Or is it one of those great mysteries of life,
> like what happens to socks in dryers. Or are we back
> to the Mail demon, our friend, "IT"? BTW, this is a
> (mostly)serious question.
>                      Carole H.

Carole,

Do you stay connected when you are reading your mail?  That would
be the only way that it might get "cleared" by the server.  I sign on,
download mail, and then sign off, reading the mail offline.  After I have
queued my return mail, I sign on again and send them all together.

Sounds to me that you need a new ISP and mail program.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"