On 24 Sep 99 at 12:12, Barb_MSN wrote:

> Anyway, thanks for the response, and now I'm gonna read/respond to
> the 292 messages built up during the time the system was stuck.

Heck Barb, 292 is only just over 2 days worth these days.... I once
gave away a coupla 'puters and was offline fer 5 months.... I signed
back on and downloaded e-mail for hours (10,000 + and 37 megs).

I had t'read 500 messages a day for a month or just delete the whole
shootin' match.... I read 'em.

Like Bob Fink I use a shareware e-mail program (Pegasus) and wouldn't
think of parting with it.  It basically runs without a hitch on a 386
so I know it would run ok on anything better.

All the best....... Murray