Marilyn Gang responded:

> Reply to:
> At 07:56 PM 09/21/1999 -0700, Robert A. Fink, M. D.
>
> What I presented I clearly stated was from the advertisement
> in the newspaper.  Advertisements are not known to be replete
> with factual information, they draw the eye so the reader who has
> a problem will be interested and contact them for more information.
>
> Perhaps you may be more experienced with this than:
>
> Yehuda Fishfeld, M.D., P.A., Orthopaedic Surgeon, Board Certified
> Orthopaedic and Arthrosopic Surgeon Diplomate
>
> and
>
> Albrin Morariu, M.D., Diplomate in Neurology (my father's neurologist),
> Florida Neurologic Center
>
> who are 2 of the doctors who have this system in their offices.
>
> When I received the packet of information, I, too, was skeptical since it
> was a medical solution and I showed it to 2 radiologists who said it was
> definitely worth looking in to.  Then my friend's Chiropractor read the
> information, called the centres and was strongly in favor of this modality
> before and after it was performed.
>
> The 2 people I know who have gone through this are very pleased with
> their experience.
>
> If I have a problem that I have not been able to solve yet and it
> really bugs me I keep looking for solutions until I have solved it,
> no matter how odd it seems --- and I've found some pretty weird
> solutions.
>
> And, people with problems, especially pain problems are often so
> desperate for help they will try anything and get taken.
>
> So I try to find out everything I can and investigate things as
> thoroughly as possible.  Occasionally I have not succeeded but my
> successes far outnumber my failures.  I think that's a big part of what
> life is all about.  This is a very interesting system.  Medicare paid for
> my father's treatments and his pain is gone.
>
> - Marilyn -
> Marilyn Gang            [log in to unmask]

Marilyn and others,

Note that the "literature" citing the results is in the form of an
"advertisement".  Medical advances are not reported in
advertisements.  The two doctors involved are an orthopedist who
specializes in arthroscopy (very little to do with the spine), and a
medical neurologist (what is a "Diplomate in Neurology"?) who has no
training in surgery.

As I mentioned in my original response, 85% of people with herniated
discs respond to conservative treatment (bed rest, physical therapy,
pain and muscle-relaxing drugs, sometimes a temporary back brace,
etc.) and do not require either surgery *or* some "new" modality.

Humorously, this "new treatment" remonds me of an old joke from
back in the sixties about the best birth-control methods.  Because of
the fact that most contraceptive methods have some side-effects, a
method without risk was looked for.  Someone suggested *orange
juice*.  The proponent of the OJ treatment was then asked, "Do you
take it before or after sex?"  The answer was, "Instead of!"

Marilyn, I am a bit more experienced (I think) than the two doctors
whom you cited, as I treat herniated discs virtually every day.  From
diagnosis and conservative treatment (most of them) all the way to
surgery.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"