Hilary, are there several people involved in these meetings?  Could not
one meeting be rescheduled?  Suppose you had a family crisis, illness,
death in the family?  Surely there would be some accommodation made.
I'm trying to get an acupuncture appt. switched from tomorrow a.m., and the
receptionist is 'looking for another opening' or else I have to pay for a
missed appointment.  If t his occurs, I get out the yellow pages and find
a new one.  This is not an option for you, I know.  Yell and scream, Hilary.
You did right to call in the reserve troops.  I  hope you are able to live
your life tomorrow.
Clare Wilson