Camilla,
I agree that cost of our meds is a part of cost to society......but be very
careful in expressing this expense.

Having been exposed to the wonderful world of transplants this summer....I
learned that the cost of MEDICATION ONLY  for two months following liver
transplant were $70,000 for  22 pound child!!!!!!  Cost per month will be
about $1800 for many many years.....and his treatment is considered a
cure!!!!!!!

What is the cost for someone on dialysis???  What is the cost for other
transplants where it might be a cure?  What is cost for maintaining other
diseases?  We may find that our costs  are more in the mainstream.... of
other diseases...and some of those involving children do involved loss of
income for the parents (caregivers).

We can't say which is the worst scenario.....but we don't want to find that
we are coming in lowball in comparison with other advocacy groups.  Rita