I think i have found the solution,  quite by accident. But that doesn't change
the i principle of the thing,
The wonderful lady who is giving me a ride into DC tomorrow is cg for her
mother. Said mother is unable to sit for any great lengths for time , so
whatever happens, Kathy plans to be home for lunch - and so will i - making it
possible for me to do both things.
maybe the hearing will be over, maybe not but at least i will be able to be at
part/most of it. without compromising my attendance at what is just merely a
weekly report back meeting attended by 3 social workers and me and jessi and
my son Jed  - all three social workers have missed at least one meeting  -
 howcome no-one threatened to take Jessi away from their custody?

one of my friends suggested that maybe the problem isn't just that i am
disabled ( and i am , by law now,  social security said so) but that i am a
single parent. Maybe she has a point., if there were some significant other in
my life who could be there when i cant, who could have taken jessi to the
drama club meeting tonite sp that she wouldn t bave to sit and sulk in front
of the TV set tonite - she knows i cant take her everywhere, but still it
hurts each time she has to miss something she would really like  to go to -
and wasn't i complaining of just the same thing? BUt  that's life, and we just
have to accept it. Hard when you are almost 14, and still hard when you are
50. But like we used to say in the old country - that's the way the cookie crumbles!

Hilary Blue