I found this information just browsing.  I hope it is helpful.
Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is
added to foods. Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse
reactions to food additives reported to the US Food and Drug Administration
(FDA). Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death
as recently disclosed in a February 1994 Department of Health and Human
Services report.(1) A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in
the report as being caused by aspartame include:
Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms,
weight gain, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia,
insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing
difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus,
vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain.

http://www.peg.apc.org/~nexus/Aspartame.html