Hilary, I have to say, go to the meeting, to make sure you don't give them
any excuse.  I went to an out of town school for my job and missed my
daughter high School graduation,  a few years ago. I was told if I did not go
my job was "not as secure", so I thought I had no choice. The equipment I
went to the school for was dropped shortly after, it was wasted time, the
person who threatened my job is long gone, and Jamie always makes little
comments, about how I missed her graduation. I hope I never have to make a
decision like that again, but if I do, the kids will come first! Believe me I
am not taking the side of the SW, I wish I was in a position to have her lose
her position! I hope in the future you will have the upper hand over her and
we are all behind you.  I am sure you will get a lot of other opinions on
this matter. Good luck.
Ken B