Brig and I got up at 2:30 this morning, gathered two gals with PD and drove
to Washington to the hearing.  It was worth every minute of lost sleep.I
cried from the beginning of MJ Fox, through Joan, continuing with Jim C. and
even into Dr. Langston's speech.  These people were so impassioned that the
committee had to feel the emotion in the room.
One of the gals that came with us had to be brought into the hearing room in
a wheel chair because of a freezing episode.  Dave Hart from NJ had to take
train from Phila, The Morabitos came, Donna Dorros was there, Lupe came from
Long Island and many more came at great inconvenience.  We were there for
support and to thank Sen. Specter for his willingness to stand up for us.  My
point is we all did what we could to fight for a cure, it wasn't easy, but
fighting for a cause never is.
Brig is exhausted, and so am I, but happy to hear the hope felt in the room.
Thanks for letting us be there.
Gerry and Brig Haines