Is there such a thing as "the sense of the list"?  If there is, I want to
appeal to it that we ought to at least investigate the following:

The presidential race has barely started to heat up.
This might be a good time for us to get involved.  What candidate wouldn't
want to befriend 1,800 (or however many) intelligent, connected, stay at home
individuals with time on their hands all of whom vote?
One approach to this:

Invite all of the candidates to address the list via e-mail.  Whether we want
to suggest a couple of topics for such e-mail is another matter.

Probably, letting them choose their own issues is a good idea.

Everything could stop there.
Choose later to hold a vote and endorse one or more of the candidates,
identifying him/her/them as our candidate(s).--"Parkinson's friendly"

Our only limits on what we do is that we should be in substantial agreement:

It might work out that we will even want to:

Work for one candidate, contacting voters, stuffing envelopes, getting
shut-ins out to vote, etc.

What do you think?

WHH 56/38/37