In a message dated 9/20/99 7:17:00 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<   A number of key
 >Senators on
 >the Appropriations Committee have weighed in with "Dear Colleague"
 >letters
 >supporting the PD community's goals,  and there is a possibility of a
 >Hearing
 >on PD in the near future. >>

More good news: Representative Jerry Costello has told me he intends to use
my picture (sitting in a pile of pill bottles, looking sorta dazed) for
inclusion with a dear colleague letter."  His latest written communication
with us included the statement:

"You can be assured I will work with my colleagues to get the funding
intended for Parkinson's research used on actual Parkinson's research.  Like
you, I know that this disease can be cured!"

This guy "gets it."  He may be among our most recent group of Congressional
champions

If anyone wants to thank him for this, his fax # is (202) 225-0285.

His address:
2454 Rayburn House Office Bldg.
Washington,  DC  20515

Best