Chris,
I did not mean to imply that I still have dyskinesia after my bilateral
palldotomies.  In fact,
I am virtually rid of dyskinesia now--I say "'virtually" because I
occasionally have minimal, inconsequential dyskinesiia in my left hand, when
get excited.  I also take considerably less meds now, compared to what I took
before the pallidotomies--sinemet 4-5X  per day, then vs.TID now.  I have
also experienced marked improvement in most of my other PD sx, especially re
the bradykinesia during my off periods.  My off periods now are very mild.
However, I did have some complications after the second pal--drooliing andf
soft, sllurrerd speech--which continue today in mild form.  Overall, I'm very
pleased with the results of the surgeries, and I note that the dramatic,
overall improvement did not occur until after the second pall.
Marty Polonsky