Carole, H, and others,  consider this: when most of us choose a candidate we
naturally use certain criteria. I would say party affiliation is first, then
will he/she help MY personal finances, do things that will be good for me and
MY family, be kind to my country of origin, or where my ancestors came from,
has attributes that will make him/her repected by the rest of the world. What
usually happens is the candidate once elected, does what he wants, and if it
pleases most of the people he is happy. If what he does alienates some
people, too bad, "you can't please them all."
That is why I would elect ANYONE who can SHOW he/she will make the cure of
Parkinsons a major priority. It might also not happen, but I could have a
clear conscience voting that way. Up to now I have been loyal to one party,
most years. I would hope I would have chosen the same person for other good
reasons, but I have to think, not only of all the PWP's who are suffering
now, but those who will in the future, until  the cure is found.
Ken B