The Concept of a "List" Candidate for President of the U.S.A.

 First, let me say that I realize how presumptuous it is for me, a Canadian,
to advise citizens of the United States on whether or not the "List" should
have a preferred candidate.

 I think not for the following reasons:

 1. A President is, within certain constitutional limits, the C.E.O. of your
country.  Any good C.E.O. must weigh tthe strategic options before him/her
and lay out a short-term operating - typically one year - and a medium/long
term strategic plan - three to five years.

 2. The strategic interests of the nation may not include PD as a top
priority.  But they will surely include chronic diseases and even possibly
neurodegenerative diseases - by the year 2040 they are expected to pass
cancer as the number two case of death.

 3. We tend to be very focused, a psychiatist might say obsessed, with
Parkinson's Disease, and that is natural, if not the most healthy frame of
mind.

 4. Your preferred candidate should have:
  i) a well thought through policy on health care that is internally
consistent in addition to being consistent with overall policies on
strategic priorities and the short-term operating plan.  This plan &
priorities should have a statement on chronic diseases
  ii) top-level advisors famliar with neurodegenerative diseases and their
implications, both financial, human and demographic
  iii) one level down, have experts on PD who can effectively put forward a
coherent, well thought through policy on PD
  iv) Candidates gor the Congress who are sympathetic

 Thats what I think anyway

Bill