Spectrum Labs: Dimethylamine goes through the skin and is in the
environment.
Another name for it is N-Methyl.
N-Methyl(R)Salsolinol is elevated in Parkinsons Disease and is neurotoxic.
(Pub Med - N-Methyl(R)Salsolinol)
NM(R)Sal is produced in the brain by N-Methylation of a naturally occuring
catechol isoquinoline [(R)Salsolinol] which is formed from dopamine.
N-Methylation may be an essential step for toxicity.
The N-methylation of nicotinamide, nicotine, seems to be helpful in
Parkinsons.
Salsolinol is one of the dopamine derived derived tetrahydroisoquinolines
and is synthesized from dopamine and from pyruvate or acetaldehyde.
(Reminds me of formaldehyde or a preservative or the trimethylquinoline
Ethoxyquin made from melanin.)  Just my thoughts. [log in to unmask]