 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       60    deg. F   :-)
 Hello again, friends and cyber-family,

 We seem so HESITANT to comment, and this worries me.  Are we
afraid of something?
 I am now wondering if I am too daring, or if it was not really
 OK to have suggested that I testify.

 My gut tells me it was really perfectly OK, that we need NEW faces to
add
to those already well-known.

So I guess there is a question of power and control issues.
Should grassroots PWP's be heard, or remain relatively invisible?

As the AIDS movement always has said, "Silence = Death."

I noticed that Hilary Blue published, a few days ago, a LIST of 8 to 10
PWP's and CG's. starting with Joan Snyder, whom  she  felt should be
HEARD
and SEEN at the microphone in the Appropriations hearing on Tuesday.

  I have  received several off-line messages asking me to testify, but so
far,
 no on-line  messages have appeared for all of us to consider.

  I will be talking with Senator Snowe's staff again tomorrow

 I would be very disappointed if no voices from the
grassroots of P.I.E.N. are heard in Washington. We have
great power if we can just get the door to open to us.

What I am saying is - it doesn't HAVE to be me.
But it REALLY  seems strange  to see NO comments
tonight.

Ivan
:-) ?