> Does the fact that the US has so many PD orgs contribute to inefficiencies,
> duplication of effort and competition for funds? Are we organizationally
> diluted too much? Are we speaking with too many quieter voices rather than
> one loud voice?

There are inefficiencies and duplication of effort on the one hand and
competition and diversity that has some positive aspects on the other.
Competing for funds?  Yes - somewhat.
Organizationally diluted? Yes
Too much? Perhaps
Speaking with too many quieter voices? Definitely

The biggest problems are:

1) Inability to create a significant nationwide centralized fundraising
campaign because so far no single organization has bee in a position to
spend sufficient funds and devote the management expertise to make it happen.

2) Confusion in the Parkinson's community about who represents their interests.

3) Difficulty in coordinating a consistent & coherent political agenda

4) Failure to establish a single universally recognized toll-free number
for Parkinson's information and reference.

No solution will happen overnight but I have a few suggestions/

1) Set your sights on a single GOAL - CURING PD.
2) Think about the issues.
3) Keep ALL lines of communication open.
4) Co-operate whenever and wherever it will help to achieve #1.