Have been taking Tasmar for almost a year.  I love it. I do  require liver
enzyme tests every two weeks.  There have been a few fatal liver
inflammations attributed to Tasmar.  As a result it is off the market in
Europe.  Ontario took it off the drug formulary about 10 months ago although
I can get it through  Toronto Western(now General) if I really need it and am
willing to pay for it.  I suspect the main reason for taking it off the
formulary in Ontario is because the governmnent does not want to pay for it.
(We have a Premier who will do anything to save money).  I get my Tasmar in
the US but limit myself to the minimum dose..   Peter