We're PWIPs*

A PWIP has a different perspective on life
(S)He doesn't take walking, talking, eating, sleeping
For granted.  Except perhaps that you take nothing
For granted.  Except the strange looks, stares and gawks
You get from ignorant people.  A mother says to her small
Child: "I don't know, dear. (S)He's probably drunk or on
Drugs.  Lets cross the street.  Then he won't bother you."

The child wasn't bothered, merely curious.  It's the mother
That was bothered, out of ignorance.  Moms and Dads have
To be made aware that we are PWIPs, neither street people nor
Homeless and mentally ill.  PD may impoverish us but it doesn't
Kill our spirit.  It frees our minds, no matter how constrained
We may be physically, to soar like an eagle

*PWIP = Person With Ideopathic Parkinson's