Hello  fellow P.I.E.N. readers,

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:43:12 -0700 "Donald F. McKinley" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>IVAN i favor u going to the senate,

 (PLEASE SEE MY RESPONSE BELOW)

the reason i did not put it on the >LIST
>is i am not good any more at putting my feeling down on paper. or
>wright,spell a good story.

 so hear i am backing you openly good luck

>                                   I.Y.Q.  DON

Dear "Cyber-uncle" DON,

Good morning from Maine!  Tyrone, who helps me 5 mornings each week,
and I were wondering if YOU would express your opinion about  my OFFICIAL
testimony  Then, I checked my e-mail, and your message had just arrived!

Don, you say that you favor me GOING TO THE SENATE.. UNLESS
something changes,  I will be at home, not going to Washington.

The answer from Senator Snowe's staff is that Senator
Specter's staff says that there is not enough TIME at the hearing
for either me or a surrogate reader for me, to appear IN PERSON.
 Instead, my typed testimony is OFFICIAL, and  will be distributed
to the Committee members.

I accepted this, because my statement is OFFICIAL testimony,
adding to that of Dr. Fishbach, Mr. Fox, Ms. Samuelson, and Mr. Cordy.

Senator Snowe's staff added that if there are further hearings LATER,
they could
push to get me included AT THE MICROPHONE, in Washington.  Don,
it still is UNKNOWN to me if my name will be announced  and identified as
a PWP,
AT the hearing.

 I  really think it should be announced by Senator Specter.
 If people believe that my name should be  ANNOUNCED, and identified as a
PWP,
  the only thing I can think of would be to call Senator Specter (202)
224-4254 or
Senator Snowe (202) 224-5344(ask for Jennifer Griffith).

  I think it may be more productive,however, to CALL or write
your OWN Senators, as Connie Tate of California did for Senator
Feinstein, and ask them
to PLEASE get a copy of my testimony, and READ it.

So, DON you can e-mail  or write your  Senators.  I think they are John
Glenn
and Mike DeWine. I have (202) 224-3353 for Sen. Glenn, and (202) 224-2315
for Senator DeWine.

DON, you and Vivian have been fighting against PD for 30 years. Keep at
it!
My real Dad is 81,  in Massachusetts, and a World War II veteran.
 When you write me, it makes me think about him, and about Ken Becker's
dad.

Right now, I've got a VERY tough job ahead of me, to WRITE  and TYPE
a ten-minute speech, estimated to be 14 double-spaced typed pages,
AND to be ready to e-mail it or send it  out  in 48 hours.  SO if I don't
resurface
 easily this weekend, those of you who need to reach me can either
e-mail,
or if URGENT,  telephone me.  My phone number is listed in local
"directory assistance" with Bell - Atlantic Tel. Company

Sincerely,

Ivan Suzman (49/39/36)  :-)

Ivan^^^^^^  WARM GREETINGS  FROM  ^^^^^^^^^^^^  :-)
 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses      64 sunny deg. F   :-)