Hi, This is Nina and
I have to say "ditto" to Nita's message.
I tried everything you mentioned and more.
It began with mild sciatica, then I went to using
a can, a walker and then bed rest.  I stayed in bed for months,
to avoid surgery any way I could,
until I was in such extreme pain I scooted on my stomach
to the bathroom because I couldn't put any pressure on
my leg.

I went to four surgeons and ended up with a spinal fusion after
just trying to have the disk repaired first.  It took a year to
recover, but the recovery was not as bad as the pain.

My back is virtually fine now...probably bothers me no more than
any one else's when it or I get stressed.  If surgery is eventually
needed, use a neurosurgeon not an orthopedic one.
Good luck!
nina