The following fax will be sent later in the morning.  Congratulations on your
efforts.  Thanks.
nina

FAX TO:  Representative Jerry Costello

We were thrilled when Bill Heitman told my husband and me that you intend to
include his picture with a Dear Colleague letter.

I was diagnosed with PD 12 years ago at age 45 and the progression is
frightening.  We have been to Washington to work to get funding for Parkinson’s
research three years in a row.  Last June, we left feeling optimistic, although
with somewhat heavy hearts, full of frustration with the knowledge that if we
had a hurricane or other natural disaster, our government would find the money
to offer relief, but it isn’t considered a disaster that every nine minutes
another person is diagnosed with this devastating, debilitating disease!  With
the estimated costs of Medicare, disability, lost wages, etc. to our country, we
know there couldn’t be a more compassionate, more compelling, more economical
way to spend our tax dollars.

People with Parkinson’s become imprisoned in their own body, much like those
with polio.  With enough funding, polio was cured and the iron lung became a
thing of the past.  With enough funding, Parkinson’s can also become a thing of
the past.

In addition to myself, I know I speak for countless others who have already lost
their ability to communicate, in thanking you for your efforts in working with
your colleagues to get the funding intended for Parkinson's research used on
actual Parkinson's research.

Sincerely,
Nina Brown