Dear Fellow Pioneers

When I was a kid I remember how much I loved western stories ...I loved to
read about pioneers moving west in covered wagons and how difficult it was
and the perils of the journey. However there was the romantic part of
campfire songs and dancing at night after a days work was done. I remember
reading a story about a group of pioneers that reminded me very much of
us. This little PD group of ours had a lot of similarities and things in
common with the pioneers of this book. The book was called The Shooting
Covered Wagon Train. One of the things they feared most was an attack by
Indians. I think you all agree that that was a legitimate concern ??? See
any similarity yet ?  Well they left St. Louis early one April bound for
the territory of Oregon via the Oregon Trail. When they got to what now is
Nebraska they were attacked by Platte Indians. They did exactly as they
were told and had practiced in St. Louis. They circiled the wagons and in
record time. Then proceeded to shoot themselves. See the similarities yet
??? The book, fortunately had a happy ending. They only shot themselves
and only shot themselves in the foot. Now do you see us and our little
bickering about politics ? I do.

Terry