Kathy, I most heartily agree with you - and equally heartily disagree.

I agree because "voting" on the list generates a lot of mail - which takes
time to open and read, even if it is just the word "Yes" or the word "No."
Many of your 111 messages were simply that: "Yes" or "No."  There is no
reason for 1800 people to have to go through the "Yes" and "No" mail 40
times or more, maybe as many as 1800 times.  And indeed, that's why I
didn't answer Dr. Heitman's poll.  I would have answered if he had asked
that the results go directly to him and no one else.

I disagree because my answer would have been yes.  If we have a listmember
from the Duchy of Liechtenstein and that member wants the Liechtenstein
government to spend money on Parkinson research, I think that this list
should be an excellent source for help.  Our goal is to rid the world of
PD.  If things political will help toward this goal, by all means have at it;

Art