Hi Ivan and Everyone -

As I believe others have mentioned, while Senate
hearings and testimony are very important, they are
common occurences on Capitol Hill and therefore only
receive media attention when a highly visible public
figure like Michael J Fox participates.  The value of
building relationships with your legislators as Ivan
has done cannot be overstated.  Having advocates in
attendance at the hearing was also extremely important
-- it certainly made an impression on Chairman
Specter, as he mentioned in his closing remarks.

PAN staff has been here in Washington helping to
facilitate the hearing and Mr. Fox's subsequent
meetings with Members.  As soon as possible,
debriefing information summarizing the activity on
Capitol Hill will be available.

Kelly
Kelly Jean Abbett
Program Associate