DearDon---I think most of us DO understand what you are saying and feeling.
BUT I have to say that we also understand the feelings of your family!
They love you and want you to stick around, and they are afraid your
insistence on pushing yourself to the limit will  take you from them
sooner.  If you had a great old Mercedes or Porsche or Cadillac that was
running a bit "rough", wouldn't you take care of it??? I bet you would!
:-)
You are the kind of person who finds it easier to give than to
receive---you probably read in the Bible that that is "more blessed..."
I'd like you to look at it this way for a minute----how can you "give" the
most to Vivian and your girls?  Is it by causing them anxiety about you?
By  having a heart attack again?  By falling  off your mower?  OR by taking
care of yourself as you would that fine old car, so they'll have you around
to cuddle and hug and nag at for a while  longer?  Try for a minute to
"reframe" things and look at it from their viewpoint.  There's no reason
why you have to "prove" anything--you've "been there, done that, got the
tee shirt" as we say.    Everyone admires you so much for "keeping on
keeping on",
but that   doesn't mean that you are less of a man, less of a "Don" if you
slow down a bit and let the ladies love and help you.  Maybe it's THEIR
TURN to have the pleasure of giving to YOU?

That's the lecture for today---remember there are many ways to "win a
battle"--and we'll all admire you even if someone else mows your lawn !
                        {{{{{{{{{{{DON}}}}}}}}}

You wrote:
>you know what hurts me is i could not go to the PD walk or go to the
>sentient hearings. or go on a vac. hear how alot that do things. this is the
>first time i ever had help with cutting my grass. how can i tell PWP'S do
>some of their own work. i am tiered of mom and my daughters saying dad look
>at your age and how advanced you are with your PD.  heck i am not that old.
>PETER F.  is older. i can walk 50 feet then got to rest. my legs scream with
>pain. i will be darned i will use any thing i am going to win this battle.
>are there other that are told you can't do this or that. i don't feel old. i
>want to buy one of those things that pick up leaves mom said it would be
>cheaper to hire it done yes but i won't feel happy over it. let some body
>else do my work. can't get them to under stand how i feel. all i hear is dad
>don't do this or that. work just a little then rest tomorrow what about what
>got to be done then. you just can't say tomoreo heck just can't spell am i
>alone on feeling like this? you are the only ones i can talk to. nobody
>under stands any more on how i feel. i was never the one tot ask for help i
>gave it. it's not fair am going to try come heck or high water. i am sorry i
>am on the pullet again just got to get it off of my mind thanks.
>
>                                   I.Y.Q DON

        Shalom and Love, Camilla

                "WE HAVE BEEN FRIENDS TOGETHER
                                  IN SUNSHINE AND IN SHADE."