hi all

At 12:35 1999/09/30 -0400, Joan U the Dust Bunny Buster wrote, in part:
>Regarding skin colour...for those of us who sit in front of a
>computer for hours at a time, we probably all share one common
>colour...flourescent glow-in-the-dark.  For those of us with
>freckles we must look a photographic negative of the milky way...

red hair freckles and an artistic tendency
=
a result of 'being touched by the fairies'

>Here are the chain of event s leading up to my t-shirt design idea...
>(a limited edition of one)
>In August i cleaned under my couch
>and under my couch I found an URL
>(cuz I don't like cleaning under the couch
>that's why the t-shirt idea
>on the other hand
>just wait
>til I clean my closets?...

i dug up some 'semi-official' info re pd logos tulips and colours
from the Newfoundland website viz:

Why tulips?

In Canada tulips are sold to raise funds for Parkinson research and they
have become a symbol of our hope for a cure. Every year we plant Parkinson
tulip bulbs in our home gardens and we ask our friends and neighbours to do
the same. When the winter snows melt, the dry brown bulb we planted grows
into a beautiful flower, and the fresh beauty of these tulips gives us
renewed hope that someday soon a cure will be found.

The story of the Parkinson tulip began in 1981 in the Netherlands when a
Dutch horticulturist, who had Parkinson's, gave the name 'Dr James Parkinson'
to the prize winning red and white tulip he had developed. This name was
chosen to honour Dr James Parkinson, the English doctor who described the
condition in his 1817 'Essay on the Shaking Palsy'.

A few years later in Ottawa, Canada's capital city, the Parkinson's Society
of Ottawa-Carleton heard about the Dr James Parkinson tulip and arranged to
import some bulbs. The Parkinson tulip bulbs were so popular in Ottawa that
the Parkinson Foundation of Canada began to distribute Dr James Parkinson
tulip bulbs through its national network of chapters.

In 1988, when Newfoundland's first Parkinson support group was formed, the
12 member group sold 6,000 Parkinson tulip bulbs. Since then, close to
15,000 bulbs have been sold every year enabling Newfoundland to make a
significant annual contribution to Parkinson research.

Success has its price, however. At present a hundred thousand bulbs are
needed in autumn as well as 40,000 fresh cut stems to sell in April. As
sales increase it becomes more difficult to find a large enough quantity of
the original red and white tulips but when shortages occur most purchasers
gladly accept another colour.

<http://www.infonet.st-johns.nf.ca/providers/parkinson/whytulip.html>

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>