At the moment--9:21AM EDT, MJFox is testifying again--C-SPAN 2 is rerunning
the hearings apparently because the Senate will discuss the bill today.
We watched and taped in the wee hours this AM.
Sen.Specter explained that because it would be subject to great
disagreement, and they want to pass the $$$$, they were delaying the debate
on stem-cell research until February.  However, there was considerable
testimony  about the importance of this research.

Everyone was wonderful--Jim Cordy, Joan Samuelson, and  the amazing
willingness of MJFox to appear on TV dyskinetic, pleading for funding!  His
statement thsat "the time for quietly soldiering on is done" could become a
new slogan!  Thanks to all who brought this about--and  grsatitude that
this has raised public awareness, as clips of MJF are shown on TV news !

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "