Ronald,
I  have been using Tasmar for almost a year now and despite the warning and
precautions that need to be taken, I think it's done more for me than any
single medication and I find  it very very valuable.  Like  your brother,
most of the other pd meds have been only marginally successful.  I  took
enough Sinemet  ( under doctor's orders) to experience a toxic  reaction to
it and still did ot have relief from many of  my symptoms.  Enter Tasmar. It

gave the  Snippet the boast I needed.  I have been relatively stable since I

began taking the Tasmar,  BTW,  I also fight depression most of the time.

I haven't any experience with surgery, so I the only comment on that I can
make is personally I'm not ready to take that jump yet.  I was diagnosed
with pd a little over two years ago?  It's still all pretty new to me,

Assuming  you have  no liver problems, I would see how the Tasmar works
before you try surgery.

Good Luck,
Cathy  50/48/46