How about soccer goalie shorts/pants.  They have padding on the sides.

Teresa, Daughter of Mama (57/43/38)

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Bob & Joy Graham
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 10:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Help for falling - aids

Dear List members,

Many of our friends with PWP are falling - Bob included.  He has just taken
a bad fall onto the concrete floor of the garage and has a very sore hip!

Since we can't stop these falls (always backwards, often after
retropulsion, but sometimes due to feet sticking and not turning properly)
I am thinking about some way to "soften the blow".

Does anyone have any experience with sports equipment for example, or
products which could be made into a protective suit to protect the hip and
tail bone from impact.

Over to your collective wisdom.

 And thanks

 JOY Graham