The Health and Human Services Sub-Committee Hearing on September 28

 Reading the posts in the week leading up to the hearing, I sensed the
excitement that was buildingamong the group.  Would some of us be asked to
speak?  We must put on as good a show as possible to demonstrate to the
senators, and to the American public, the urgency of funding the Udall bill.
There was a real sense of community.

 1. A number of list members pitched in to help Ivan polish his written
testimony until it sparkled like a diamond

 2. Several others went out of their way to attend the hearing, at not
inconsiderable sacrifice of time and money.

 3. Those who couldn't be there made a point of watching the hearing on
television, also at some cost.

 4. Yet a number of you were insulted by the fact that not the whole
sub-committee attended the session, which some of you interpreted as
indifference to our cause and rudeness.

 5. The hearing provided a bonding and fellowship opportunity for the
members that were able to attend.  The importance of this cannot be over
emphasized.

 6. Ivan, you felt frustrated and taken advantage of.  You shouldn't.  You
should be proud that you were asked to submit testimony and prouder still
that you had so many willing helpers.

 7. Getting to know each other is very important

 8. MJF performed beautifully

 9. You learned from your mistakes so that next time you'll be even better

 10. You guys were just great