The Senate majority leadership needs to hear our outrage regarding the deletion of stem cell
language from the HHS appropriations bill being voted on today.

It should be stressed that stem cell research is for the good of all those seeking remedies
or cures for not just neurological conditions
of which PD is just one, but for diseases as  diverse as cancer, diabetes, heart disease,
and more, AND it would save the nation, not only $25 billion for PD costs, but several times
that considering these other disease groups.

Anybody with me on this?

Charlotte
---------------------------------

Kelly,

Would you put out an alert for the PD community to ring the Republican leadership's phone
off the hook (especially Trent Lott--he was responsible for this travesty).

The vote was close--deleting it passed by a small margin--only a couple of votes according
to Harkin during this mornings Senate proceedings on HHS appropriation.   We must act--we
need leadership.  I have a limited reach and influence--we need PAN and others to be
outraged in the media, and to mobilize the country to RING THEIR PHONES OFF THE HOOK!!  Who
were they specifically besides Lott pushing for this. We need to react and get after them
right NOW!

Everything was done to satisfy ALL the ethical questions, the guidelines approved, and that
callous Lott manipulated the deletion.

--
Charlotte Mancuso
P.S.   No time for an eloquent message--please excuse an off- the-hip message, but we don't