Could I also add (on the topic of scope-expanding) that post-
secondary includes community colleges too. Writing instruction is
as pertinent for college students as it is for university students; it's
just that since colleges have a different mandate, our methods and
focus are different from what goes on in university writing courses.
It seems to me that colleges are often lost in the discussion.

Karen Golets Pancer
Humber College of Applied Arts and Technology
Toronto