Dear Inkshedders / CASLLrs --

If you haven't seen the latest issue of Computers and
Composition, do go and find it so you can read Marcy Lassota
Bauman's fine piece on "The Evolution of Internet Genres."
Not only does Marcy cite all the latest thinking, she asks
questions to outline how much we don't yet understand. The
examples (pp. 276-9) are fascinating in themselves, and
Marcy uses them to show that we need to examine the value of
Internet texts produced for local and immediate purposes,
and then to create places where people can experiment and
think about the new forms.

Congratulations, Marcy!

from
Margaret Procter