I think non-standard teaching situations such as the three listed--
writing centre
on-line
professional--
would be excellent because they pick up some of the main threads of interest
on CASLL listserv this calendar year. You'll remember that the "Issues in
Canadian Writing" thread soon turned into a detailed discussion of people's
on-line teaching. Another major thread was about writing centres and how to
give them a larger voice and a better chance to exchange information and
address problems. Writing centers are replete with teaching--that's just
about all most of them do.

While I vote 100% in favour of the theme, I'd recommend changing the
conference title from "Resisting Teaching" to something like "Out of the
Classroom."

Cheers,

Jim Bell
Coordinator, Learning Skills Centre