Jim:

While our courses are for engineers not scientists, we're teaching tech
writing. The English department continues to muddle along teaching a
tech writing course, but more interesting is the workshop two of my
staff are doing.  This is a non-credit workshop but has a huge waiting
list of students who want in.  You can see the syllabus on the web at

http://www.ecf.toronto.edu/~writing/prowriting.htm

We're also dreaming of more than that, but no word yet.

Rob Irish

Dr. Robert Irish
Coordinator of Language Across the Curriculum
Applied Science and Engineering
University of Toronto