Please forgive message duplication.

Our writing centre at Laurentian will be undergoing some kind of
internal review process between now and March, part of which will be the
preparation of a self-study report by the writing centre co-directors
(namely, Renée Corbeil and me).  Up until now, we have gathered, quite
unsystematically, only anecdotal evidence from students and faculty
about the the percieved value of the centre's services.

However, we'd now like to begin surveying students and faculty on their
views in an effort to gather fuller evidence about what our users like
and don't like about our services.

I was wondering whether anyone else affiliated with a writing centre has
conducted this kind of survey in the past, whether addressed to students
or faculty?  If yes, might you be willing to share a copy of your survey
with us?  We of course would be happy to reciprocate once we've
finalized our survey questions.

More generally, I would be delighted to receive any words of advice from
any of you concerning the best way to approach our self-study report--we
obviously want to demonstrate how important the writing centre is to the
university community, but we also want to maintain a critical
perspective.

Thanks!

Philippa Spoel
Co-Director