Bob.... I just spent a half hour talking to various medical staff
at my LOCAL Red Cross Blood Donation Center:  Before going any
further, from YOU we need the following info to pass on to the Red
Cross:

Dawana's FULL name.  The name, address, city of the hospital she's
at.  Dawana's blood-type (if you know it) and the name of the
ATTENDING physician.

The following information is needed prior to ANY of us donating
blood dedicated solely for credit tot one individual.  This may
differ from state-to-state, and I suggest anyone planning on
donating blood to aid Dawana, double check with their local Red
Cross to see if they'll accept blood donations from a PWP.  MY
local Red Cross Center has no problem with  a donor having PD (as
long as the donor isn't wildly dyskenetic), tho I recall other
PWP's HAVE run into problems with local or regional blood donation
attempts

The attending physician will have to FAX the following information
to ANY Red Cross Blood Donation Center where a List member plans
on donating blood in Dawana's name, and the DONOR should call
their local Red Cross office to find out such things as local
address, local FAX number, etc.  DON'T BURDEN BOB (Tex) WITH
QUESTIONS ABOUT  BLOOD DONATION!  Your local Red Cross has all the
answers  to your blood donations questions!

Attending physician's information:  Before donating blood, we need
Dawana's FULL name, including given and last name.  Dawana's blood
type should be known.  Also included should be any other info the
MD feels the Red Cross should know about the patient.

YOU, the blood DONOR should go to your local Red Cross Blood
Donation Center ask ask for a "Teddy Bear Card," and on it add
patients' name. HOSPITAL NAME and address (the hospital Dawama's
in), and the CITY the hospital's in.
Also needed, IF you direct the Red Cross to credit your blood
donation to Dawana  is Dawana's COMPLETE name, her blood type, and
Dawana's attending physician must FAX that information to YOUR
*local* Red Cross.

In Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley, to donate blood for Dawana,
Call
(800) 696-1757 to schedule your blood donation, and the local
office of the Red Cross office is located at  14717 Sherman Way,
in, I believe. Reseda. Please call the 800 number listed above to
confirm, 'cause I'm totally :off" since my meds have yet to
kick-in.

I have a 3:45 p.m. MD appointment with Dr. Gerald Berke, at UCLA
which I CANNOT miss, however, I'll be happy to act as a "blood
donation info clearing house" for Dawana and Bob, once I get back
home 'round 6:30 to7:00 p.m., Pacific Daylight Savings Time.

Bob and Dawana, we're all pulling for ya!

Barb Mallut