Joy,

I found hip protector shorts for my mom when she broke her hip after a lot
of calling.  Alimed (1-800-225-2610) which was recommended by one of the
medical supply shops in our area, carries this item called "ProtectaHip".
It has 1/4" shock-absorbing Ensolite foam padding, the same as used for
gymnastic mats.  This item also is not for sports but for medical purposes.
 The price depending on size was high:  $195.95-$250.95!  They faxed me the
catalogue description & photo.   Since I had seen some new research in a
phsysican's research publication on the great effectiveness of hip padding
in preventing broken hips , we bought a pair even though they were not
covered by Medicare at that time (March). She wears them  when she is
involved in vunerable activities.  These are designed to be worn as an
undergarment but they may also design some in colors to be worn as shorts.

                                                                Best wishes,
                                                                Suzanne