Ken -
That's a great reply on my Cane question.  Thank you so much.

At the Parkinson's Unity walk here in Toronto, I saw the Parky (?)
Stick.  I absolutely loved the design and the finish.  It looked
like a piece of African art and felt good to hold.  When I asked
why the stick vs. a cane they said one of problems is in getting up
and its easier with a stick rather than a cane.

I would have bought it asap except that I thought it might be too
heavy for Dad and I didn't want to get something that might be too
heavy for him, and it was $75 (Canadian) ---- some of that money might
go for research but it still was a bit steep.  Guess I'll have to
do comparison shopping.

(if anyone is interested in that stick, they can probably contact
the Toronto office:   800-437-6464.)

Your suggestions are great and I've printed them out to take with me
to Dad.  Maybe it will help convince him.

- Marilyn -