Hi Kathrynne  -
Thank you for your reponse.  When I ask enough people I
finally get answers.

One of the nutritionists reminded me of the wonderful redundancy
of human systems.

As digestion and enzymes for protein takes place mostly in the stomach,
that is where protein (amino acids) are broken down.  But there is
also the protease (also to break down protein) from the pancreas
as well as dipeptidase (peptides and polypeptides are the
components of the amino acids) manufactured in the small intestine.
So even though he does not have a stomach, the aminos are still
being handled to a certain degree.

So he has digestive help for amino acids from the other organs.

I appreciate your suggestion on liquid Sinemet and will ask
the doctor about it.  It might make things easier.  It's also a
reminder to me to see if I can help him with blended foods as they
are easier on the digestion..

I am going to see his Internist, neuro and gastroenterologist this
coming week.  Whew!   I've prepared a report on his hisotry, problems
and recommendations and will give each a copy.  I'm curious to see
what they will do with it.

- Marilyn -